New Ronsen Wurzens

RicB ricb@broadpark.no
Wed, 12 May 2004 23:08:19 +0200

Hi Tom

Thats been pretty much my experience with the sets of Wuzsens I get from
Andre so far.  This last set required a bit of needling in the area from
C5 to C7.  Otherwise it was rather easy going with the needling to
simply open things up.  The lowest 10 - 12  bass tones will need some
help methinks getting bright enough, and perhaps the highest 4-5 notes
as well.  But quite a bit needed only a slight cushion.

btw... the fellow who owns that Bluthner I mentioned earlier on today
called a bit earlier this evening.... get this.... on the verge of tears
because he was so moved by the sound of his piano. He agreed about the
bass... but the rest of the piano sounded so wonderful... but most of
all he couldnt get over the new <<touch>> of  the instrument.  Now this
is the interesting part as I took great pains to keep the basic
touchweight and hammer mass very much the same.  I did even out to a
smooth strike weight, and I did make sure the key balance was
appropriate for the SW curve and SW ratio.  His reaction to the touch is
almost all because of how these hammers <<feel>> off the strings.

Cheers
RicB

Tom wrote

 > Richard,

 > The hammers were just hung yesterday and I gave them a play today.
Nothing has been done to
 > these hammers. I repeat nothing! The are simply marvelous. Beautiful
warm, even tone right out of
 > the box. I'll keep everyone posted as hammer fitting and regulation
start to take shape. So far, I'm