CA & Yamaha Pins

CChristus chchristus@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 May 2004 08:11:31 -0400

Dave,
Didn't see reply to your query, and since I did the CA thing to a '70's
NMFNA (Not Made for North America) U1 about nine months ago....  So far so
good.  Seemed to take up the liquid just fine, applying it repeatedly over a
section until it welled up, going back over it until it seemed to be
absorbing at a much slower rate.  Have tuned it since then, and torque was
good throughout.

Chuck Christus

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Dave Davis
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 2:38 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: CA & Yamaha Pins

List,

 I've successfully done the CA-thing to a couple of
older uprights, but there has been discussion here
about CA not seeping past the crossgrained bushings
used by Yamaha. The current victim is a 70-s U1, not
made for North America, with pins that are getting
steadily less reliable.

Any success stories? Or not?

Dave Davis
Renton, WA