Yamaha C6 bass strings

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 17:55:25 -0400

Friends,

No one responded to this yet, but I would like some input, please.  I've
been tuning a 1998 Yamaha C6 grand every six months for the last five
years.  I tuned it again yesterday, and it sounds to me like some of the
bass string windings are loose.  I think I read on this forum at some
time that Yamaha felt their strings shouldn't need twisting.

Does anyone remember any kind of discussion about this?  It seems to me
that a piano of this caliber shouldn't be having this problem.  Or has
it been a problem common in this model?  Your input is appreciated.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT