Kimball Electramatic

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 11 May 2004 08:09:49 -0400

My VistaPrint Electronic Business CardIf you need gears replaced, an =
excellent technician in Clearwater, Florida has been doing this repair =
for years. He has done a couple for me. My recollection is that he =
charges $125 (but don't quote me). Email me for details if interested.

Terry Farrell
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: D.L. Bullock=20
  To: PTG ; Joey Recker=20
  Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 8:51 PM
  Subject: RE: Kimball Electramatic

  The problem  is not the motor.  I suspect you mean the roll drive =
motor.  There is also a suction pump motor, which usually needs to be =
taken out and have the armature cleaned.   Grainger will have a =
replacement if it really is toast. =20

  The roll drive motor is connected to a gear box.  The gears are the =
problem.  They are all gunked up with dried grease.  If you try to play =
the piano you will strip out the gears and they are hard find =
replacements for.  Remove the motor and gear box.  Open it up and clean =
everything in kerosene or other carburetor cleaner.  Be careful to not =
damage the plastic or fiber gears.  Some will melt in really strong =
chemicals.  It is also possible there is already stripped gears.  You =
will have to go to MMD for info on replacements.

  D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
  www.thepianoworld.com=20

  Piano World=20

   2732 Cherokee=20