What Is Wrong With These Notes?

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Tue, 11 May 2004 11:40:15 +0200

Hi Vinny.

One possible cause for lack of sustain, especially in the range you
described, is bad contact between string and bridge : weather string not
resting on the bridge (then you have to tap it gently with a copper rod
in an oblique movement against the bridge pin) or when you did this with
too much enthousiasm, and the string is crushed into de wood of the
bridge (then you can lift it a little with a hook).
Depending on for me mysterious causes, I found these two conditions to
have anything between no effect at all and huge effect on sustain.

Stéphane Collin