Weber with 4 string unisons

Phillip Ford fordpiano@earthlink.net
Tue, 11 May 2004 00:16:31 -0700

>Phil,
>Yes, my understanding is that they were all made to his specifications
>and were placed at strategic places where he might use them.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you come by this information?  I
wonder if he specified 4 string unisons.

>   I actually
>saw a program from a concert in Seattle that was dated a year or so
>after the piano was manufactured and it stated something like: Featuring
>the Weber concert grand.
>
>I think it would be very hard to prove that yours was his own personal
>piano.

I agree with you there.

>   But who knows?  Every time I've spoken to someone who has found
>one of these, he thought it was Paderewski's own personal piano.

That's how he was convinced to buy one of them.  We each also own the
Brooklyn Bridge.

>   But I
>won't burst your bubble....do your research and see what you learn.
>Please let us know.
>
>jeannie
>
>Jeannie Grassi, RPT

I think you already burst my bubble.  Now it's just another
rebuilding job of a basket case piano on which I will make no money -
oh wait, I think that describes all my rebuilding jobs.

Phil Ford