FW: Kimball Electramatic

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Mon, 10 May 2004 15:44:56 -0700

Hi, Joey,

Quoting Joey Recker <joey@onkeypianotuning.com>:

> Today I came upon a Kimball Spinet with the Electramatic player system.
>
> The piano is SN:  S32070   (can anyone help with the age?  Pierce wasn't
> clear to me).

Sounds like late 70's...not a massively popular model.

> The player mechanism isn't working.  I believe it to be a model E or F.
> I've never worked on any type of player before, but on this one, I
> believe
> the only problem is the motor.  Anyone have one laying around?  If not,
> can
> someone point me in the right direction to find out?  Any help is
> appreciated.

Before throwing away the motor, I would suggest looking carefully to be
sure there aren't any fuses and/or loose connectors hiding in unexpected
places...also, sometimes case parts carelessly jammed in, pinching/cutting
wires.

These machines remind me of old Thomas organs...basically engineered as the
assembly line moved forward...so, sometimes the schematics aren't much help.

Good Luck!

Horace