Gas price increase

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Mon, 10 May 2004 19:38:12 -0300

I have a sliding scale, for my mileage surcharge.
It does not cover the cost, but helps.
It depends on how much competition is in the area, you cover.
If there are tuners in the area, that don't have to charge extra, then you lose if you charge too much.
So each individual, has to play it by ear. What works for one, may not work for another.
Whatever you do, divide the cost among your customers, for that trip. They don't appreciate it, if they think you are gouging them.
Most people, will not object to a mileage surcharge, as they know that the prices have risen.
Since your travel expenses, are a tax deduction, then the full cost does not have to be passed on. You can absorb a certain amount. After all, when the customer goes to work, no one pays any of their gas, or tolls.
Best regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Topperpiano@aol.com
  To: pianotech@ptg.org
  Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 7:20 PM
  Subject: Gas price increase

  Hi, How is everyone coping with the gas price hikes? I work in an area that requires me to drive several hours a day and I have calculated that my gas costs have gone up about $40.00 a week.  I am raising my prices accordingly.  Won't say what they are or will be but I will be dividing the increase among my customers.  How is everyone handling this?