sticking fall board

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Sat, 8 May 2004 21:31:28 -0500

Look for some object that has fallen behind or into the hinge on one
side or the other. Found a missing Barbie-doll shoe that way ...

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: trc3j@juno.com [mailto:trc3j@juno.com]
Sent: Saturday, May 08, 2004 7:53 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: sticking fall board

I have a 1966 Wurlitzer spinet (nobody laugh, it was my grandparent's
piano and Dad wanted to keep it in the family). This piano lived the
first 29 years of it's life in Colorado and the last nine in Kentucky.
It has actually done pretty well. The problem I am having is with the
fall board. It goes in smooth up until the last inch and then it binds.
I am guessing that maybe the humidity change has caused it to swell.
Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tim

---