Some details on a moderated pianotech

Thu, 06 May 2004 18:09:11 +0200

Bill Ballard wrote:

> I agree. It's only the folks who choose PTx-m whose mail delivery will
> be affected. Those of us with the regular PTx will able to post back
> and forth in real time, leaving the "-m" people in the dust. Jason and
> Ric have convinced me. I'm actually changing my vote to yes for the
> parallel moderated list. My only two qualms at this point are 1.)
> consistency of the moderation -all moderators should be on the
> unmoderated list so that they can see on a daily basis what other
> moderators let pass and compare it to what they let pass. and 2.) the
> decorum on the unmoderated list. In the past, the number of people
> complaining about OT posts has been a moderating influence on us
> OTers. How wild and wooly things get once they're out of Dodge City
> remains to be seen. But I personally think I can deal with it.

Ahh... a good point you make in that last couple sentences.... We might
be opening a bigger can of worms they we realize.... Still... I think
even some of us defenders of humanitiy types will get down on the OT'rs
when things get way out of hand...  I think actually its worth a shot to
see... its very reversable in anycase.

Cheers
RicB