Traveling with tools

Wed, 05 May 2004 17:59:06 +0200

Ron Nossaman wrote:

> I wonder how they'd feel about a tuning fork, if any of you remember
> what those are...

Depends on how big it is I think.  I tried to take one of these
gargantuan demonstration forks on a flight last year.. you know one of
those cheapo aluminum ones about a foot and a half long.... ?  They
stopped me at the metal detector thingys and told me I either had to
check it because it could be easily used as a weapon.  When I protested
that it was simply a musical device they told me that either I shut up
and do as I was told, or I was welcome to fork off ...:)  I checked the
darn thing of course.

Cheers
RicB