Traveling with tools

Tue, 04 May 2004 06:42:39 -0500

At 07:26 5/4/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>Subject: Re: Traveling with tools
>

>         Tom --never goes anywhere---Driscoll

Bragging or complaining???
;-}

I normally drive places, so traveling w/tools is usually no problem.

However...

In July 2001, when I was coming back down into the Yukon from Alaska, the
Canadian border gendarmerie asked me if I had tools specific to my
profession. I had my basic toolkit with me and foolishly answered honestly.

Spent the next 1.5 hours going through EVERYTHING, then had to repack my
pickup.  I have absolutely no idea what he was suspecting I might have or
whether he just had a severe wedgie that day.

I was not a happy camper.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder