Unsubscribing

Tue, 04 May 2004 09:42:11 +0200

Avery,

I like you from what I know about you, and you will always have my very
best of wishes.... but !

Avery Todd wrote:

> List,
>
> I never thought that I could be "forced" (so to speak) to unsubscribe
> after over 10 yrs. on this list by two people! I HATE to give them the
> satisfaction!

Avery... you are not forced to do anything.. you choose.  You chose to
pay attention to these guys and whomever else, you choose to respond to
them in like kind and in equal amounts, and now you choose to leave.
HATE is a bad thing to let yourself feel, and I doubt seriously these
two, or anyone else gains any satisfaction from your departure.

> But I've got some very difficult things going on in my
> life right now and I don't have time to put up with asinine comments
> by these two people.

And now you choose to judge your fellow man pretty harshly.

> I'd actually rather have BB back on the list. At
> least his comments were piano related!!!! Agree with him or not! :-)

 As I've said many a time... BB was unjustly singled out.  There are
plenty of BB's here in the guise of those who would tell the rest of us
that either we understand the world as they see it or we are stupid and
deserve to be scorned. You find those kind of people all over the place.

> If anyone would like to post me, my home e-mail is: avery@ev1.net or
> work is atodd@uh.edu
>
> I'll be unsubscribing after I send this.
>
> Believe me, there's a WHOLE lot more I could say, but in the interest
> of list harmony, I won't.

I am sure there is.  I try always to refuse to engage in direct personal
attacks and argument.  Oh I'll exchange a heated view on just about any
subject matter from time to time... but when things get hatefull and
personal.. I bow out.

> I really appreciate all the help a LOT of you
> have given me and I hope I've also been able to help a few others along
> the way! I hope at least /some/ of you can imagine how much this hurts to
> do this, but I can no longer deal with it! At least for the time being.
>
> Many regards,
> Avery

Just steer clear of folks you dont communicate well with, and leave it
at that.  Works well actually :)

Dont worry... be happy !

Cheers
RicB