silk cord

Thomas Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Sun, 02 May 2004 23:49:06 -0700

Jack,

Silk might be a little difficult to find. I've been using untreated,
braided Dacron fishing line (but be careful that you don't get the
treated stuff they've been selling lately - glue doesn't stick to it).
Also you can try kite shops, beading supply shops, hobby shops, and
sewing/yardage shops for likely candidates. Take along a flange for size
comparison. Probably any of the synthetics would work and would be much
longer lasting than the original cotton cord.

Tom Cole