"!!!EXTRA!!!" ... "Thump Finally "Chimes In" On Latest Religious Fracas! "

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Sun, 2 May 2004 12:53:22 -0700 (PDT)

  When our children
> are
> > told to recite the pledge every morning and
> profess their belief in God,
> is
> > that not government mandated religion?

What amazes me is that this issue was decided by the
Supreme Court during the Vietnam era, when it was
decided that no child could be coerced to recite
"The Pledge"--- to a flag, a  doughnut, God or
anything/one else.
    I don't just BELIEVE in God, I KNOW God, as can
any creature who desires this. But COERCING others to
share your religious beliefs is decidly un-Christian (
if, by that, you mean "Jesusish" ).
     To Sarah and Richard: the asinine nonsense
partaken of by people around the world who claim they
are doing it "for God." is decidedly not "of God". But
humans have full free will and can do any intelligent
or stupid thing they please. Laws are passed in an
attempt to mitigate their worst trendencies, but God
alone imparts the final judgement on all souls. No one
gets away with anything.
     Thump