Soundboard Moisture Content

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 23:30:58 +0200

I dont know that there is a <<normal>> in  any sense of the word besides
the definition that goes along the lines of <<average>>.  There is a
level that the instrument was designed for... usually a resultant of an
RH factor of around 50.  There is an operating range that runs somewhere
between 4.5 and 14 % emc.... and this can be exceeded to the severe
detriment of the panel.

 21 % is either wrong or a measure of something other then mc me
thinks.  I've never used a pin type instrument for mc, and have been
cautioned on more then one occasion about the dependability of the
readings. I suppose tho... that as with most things, some are better
then others.

Cheers
RicB