Hearing Protection, too much $$

Wally Scherer afinetune@yahoo.com
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:02:29 -0800 (PST)

I figure any hearing protection is better than none. I went the the pharmacy and found some that work fine. The most recent ones I got look something like a tree - narrow at the top and broader at the top, with little round discs, similar to the ones on this web site:  http://www.elvex.com/ear-plugs.htm

I've tried the foam ones, but they cut out too much sound. (Great for when I am cutting the grass however.) Before, I had some on a cord, but they got kind of hard and didn't do quite the job after using them about three years.

Seems like the prices go up quite a bit each time I get some. Was about $1.50 4 years ago; and last time seems like I paid about 3 or 4 $$.

The ones I have now are called "earplanes" and look like the blue ones on this web site: http://www.sonicshop.de/English/Overview.htm

Wallace T. Scherer, Piano Technician, Music Educator
Piano Tuning & Repairs, Piano Lessons, Edwards String Covers
P.O. Box 4121, Lantana, Florida, 33465
Phone: 561-432-4121
Web page: http://www.angelfire.com/biz6/afinetune