Jack to knuckle position

Tue, 30 Mar 2004 18:44:19 +0200

Overs Pianos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Excessive jack to knuckle clearance at the aftertouch position will
> slightly slow repetition speed. We prefer to set the jack to just
> clear to knuckle. As Roger said, extra compression of the front touch
> will allow for more clearance when the action is played.
>
> Ron O.

Which is exactly my point in shooting for 0.5 mm clearance at
touchdown.  Andre covered the hard vs soft front rail punchings
perfectly... as is his want, so I dont need to get into all that.

btw Ron. O... how do you manage to get your signature to seperate and
self-delete in replies to your posts ?  Neat trick and would be a good
one for limiting the excess on the archives.

Cheers
RicB