Hearing Protection

Sarah Fox sarah@gendernet.org
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 11:12:25 -0500

Hi Marc,

> Who is Diane Hofstetter, and where do I find her earplugs?
>
> Ramble on,

Diane is a tech on this list, as well as an audiologist.  (I'm surprised she
hasn't surfaced by now.)  She considers hearing loss amongst piano
technicians a very worthy cause and puts a great deal of effort into
promoting safe tuning practices.  She'll send you a set of samples to try
out for fitting.  When you determine which size fits, you keep the (new)
pair of the correct size and send the rest back.  It's not a completely
custom fit, but it's actually a pretty good fit -- and much, much less
expensive than the custom plugs.

Diane's a pretty smart lady.  I think you'll enjoy working with her.  Here's
her email...

dianepianotuner@msn.com

Peace,
Sarah