Thanks and Coffee

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:42:27 EST

In a message dated 3/29/04 5:30:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, Alpha88x@aol.com
writes:

>                  Coffee: A health conscious piano tech school pier told me
> last year that coffee affects your hearing. I found this to be somewhat true.
> My brother says it affects your short term memory and mental sharpness. Has
> anyone ever heard this?

Julia,

Never had tinnitus, and I've never felt caffeine affected my hearing, but I
tend to agree with Patrick about the other effects:  morning mental acuity is
distinctly lacking without a good cup of Joe, though if I have a cup after
about 1:00 in the afternoon, I tend to be more irritable and impatient.  That's
why I usually try to find a Peet's before lunch....:-)

Memory loss is quite possible if the coffee increases stress, which is a
known cause of short-term memory loss.  On the other hand, if I don't have coffee
in the morning, I can't even remember where I live.

I'll go have my morning cuppa now, so I can find my way to the car.

Dave Stahl