Pianodisc, Midi files and such

Alan Forsyth alanforsyth@fortune4.fsnet.co.uk
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 02:58:00 +0100

>From "Auld Reekie" to Old Riccy,

...."Last I checked in Norway a full player and record install cost about 60
grand Norwegian.... to the customer...which works out to about 8500
USD".....

Okay, so that works out more or less the same as what we have to pay here.
but do you think it is worth the money for what it does. Can such an amount
really be justified considering the range of synthesizers, electronic pianos
and digital midi recorders out there that are so much cheaper, even though
they don't quite serve the same purpose. I know the price of Pianodisc may
be inflated for us because we have to go through Pianodisc Europe and when
there are a whole lot of middle men involved the selling price inevitably
becomes distorted. Perhaps this is the reason I have as yet not come across
an installation. Plenty of Disklaviers around though.

Leaving you in pieces,
Alan Forsyth
calling from "Auld Reekie"