Tilting Tunemakers

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:14:30 -0800 (PST)

Always strap a  piano to a tilter before tilting.
Either around the whole body, or fed through the
backposts. I use ratchet straps which, by the way, are
also ideal for leveling plates when lifting in and out
of pianos, used 3 at a  time to various points on the
plate. And I use Naugahyde (TM) remnants to protect
the case, and to lay on piano tops as padding under
pulled actions. Much easier to wash out/keep clean
than cloth pads.
I pulled
a concert grand plate with three of the common, 1,500
pound test ratchet straps once.  But before I'd do
this again, I'd get three of the much "beefier"
variety.
    Peace,
     Thump

--- Steve Grattan <lostchordclinic@ameritech.net>