Samick string

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:39:23 -0500

Avery,
If no one has the specs in a db, then simply measure the speaking length,
core and wrap of its neighbors. The string makers can put it in between.

Measure the hitch pin to winding and the length of the winding (as
ascertained from adjacent strings).
A general 'rule of thumb' which I use for these replacements:
Subtract 1/8" from hitch pin to winding and 1/4" from length of wrap.
ie. 5" h/p to winding, 48" wrap.
I'd order 4 7/8" h/p to winding, 47 3/4" wrap.
This allows for the stretch once the wire is at pitch.

So you can ask for the core and wrap to be calculated
but the lengths are to be to your specs for an even line.

Regards,

Jon Page, piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@comcast.net