removing key bushings

John Formsma john@formsmapiano.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:38:38 -0500

Joe,

If hide glue will work, I'll definitely use it ... I was under the
impression that the wood had to be relatively clean before hide glue
would work. There's a lot of white crap left in the wood, but hey, I
guess it wouldn't take long to find out if it will stick.

Let me make it clear that I have NEVER used anything other than hide
glue for new bushings, except for one in the field.

It's taken about 3 times longer to remove these as compared with those
glued with hide glue.

Do you reckon one of the punishments in hell for piano manufacturers
will be having to eternally remove bushings glued with this stuff? <g>

John Formsma

> The glue in question, is, I suspect a heat activated bunch of glop.
Clean as
> much as is possible from the mortises and reglue the bushings with
Hide