loose loose tuning pins

Dean May DeanMay@PianoRebuilders.com
Thu, 25 Mar 2004 09:01:32 -0500

From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On =
Behalf Of John M. Formsma
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 7:35 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: RE: loose loose tuning pins
=20
Julia,
=20
I've had a piano that did not respond to two treatments. It holds =
barely, but not well enough for fine tuning. In fact, on this small =
grand, I had tipped the piano upside down to apply a LOT of CA to the =
underside of the block. It was disappointing to find out that when the =
piano was upright again it hadn't worked, although another application =
from the top helped a tiny bit.
=20
I always tell the customer that CA might not work.=20
=20
Repinning is needed when you have loose pins, and there is enough money =
to pay your labor. :-) But, always educate the customer about rebuilding =
and better performance the piano will have.
=20
You can keep the old wire when restringing, but it's just as easy to =
replace with new.
=20
John Formsma
=20