There's always a hitch

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 21:46:17 +0100

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

Hi,

I've always been convinced in the better stability of separate hitch =
pins for each string and your comments below makes it clearer  to me =
why.=20
While pitch-raising old  junkers witch separate hitch-pins that haven't =
been tuned for decades (style Erard, Broadwood,Pleyel e.o.) I'm often =
amazed to find the tuning to get stable so easily.

For what concerns the advantage when there's a string broken just before =
a concert, (still two left) it's ok as long as the pianist doesn't uses =
the una-corda and the missing string is the right handed one. (still =
will have one poor string to sound)

I think I've red somewher on this list that an other advantage of the =
separate hitch pin was the better alignment and equal distance from =
bridge-pin to hitch pin?

Regards,
PierreGevaert
Belgium