Peace (OT)

antares antares@euronet.nl
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 20:38:08 +0100

On 22-mrt-04, at 1:05, Dean May wrote:

> They will eventually.
>
> The Bible is the most authoritative and widely used source book in=20
> human
> history. Much more reliable than most of the opinions you seem to=20
> prefer.
>
> Imagine what society would be like if everyone regulated his life by=20=

> the big
> Ten and the Golden Rule.
>
> Dean
>
> Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
> PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
> Terre Haute IN  47802

The Bible is a book, written by religious people for religious people,=20=

people who believe  in a deity and a heaven and a hell or what ever.
These same religious people also believe that non-believers should be,=20=

no, must be, converted otherwise they, the non-believers, go to hell.
A religious experience, a mystical experience, is a very personal and=20
private matter. It is understandable that somebody who has had a deeply=20=

religious or deeply mystical experience very much wants to share his or=20=

her exaltation.
Unfortunately, the people who are so deeply religious, do not want to=20
get it through their religious skulls that there is a vast group of=20
other inhabitants of this planet who can not , do not, and shall not=20
share the same religious or mystical experience.  (Maybe so called=20
non-believers will have there own mystical moment in time, but that is=20=

another matter)
These same religious people are not dumb or stupid, so they do=20
understand that there are others with a different opinion, but the=20
irritating truth often is that they do not want to let others have a=20
free and un-hindered life, a life in which they can have their own=20
experiences and and there own developments, without the egotistical=20
wish from believers to proselytize and forcefully convert innocent=20
beings.
Again I say, read our history books and you will come to the conclusion=20=

that most wars were fought because of religious intolerance.
Look at the Roman games where the early Christians were murdered by=20
Romans who did not share their vision, look at the endless torture and=20=

prosecution of the inquisition in the middle ages, the invasion of the=20=

moors in Spain, the crusades into the 'holy land', the endless wars=20
between the protestants and the catholics, the hateful murders=20
committed by totally INtolerant muslims who want to just erase every=20
non-muslim.
I live in a so called tolerant country and I wish to be tolerant. I am=20=

tolerant towards all kinds of political movements, to all kinds of=20
religious groups. All I want is peace and happiness for my fellow=20
humans, and all I expect is the same tolerance towards the fact that I=20=

may be of a different opinion.
So please, do not choose this email forum as your religious platform=20
and try to understand that your personal religious experience should be=20=

shared not on this list but among your own co-believers, just out of=20
respect for people who might think otherwise.
Thank you for your tolerance, OK?

Andr=E9 Oorebeek

Amsterdam -
The Netherlands