Fwd: "shaving" old key leads

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:03:30 -0800

>  Use a forstner bit<

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! I actually "discovered" this type of bit at the hardware
store JUST yesterday, and bought the 1/2" size, which is same diameter as
the lead...works great! No dust produced, and each key is finished in
seconds! And here I thought I was the only one who came up with this idea.
:)

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: Erwinspiano@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Fwd: "shaving" old key leads
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 10:09:35 EST

In a message dated 3/20/2004 2:14:07 PM Pacific Standard Time, Erwinspiano
writes:
sage dated 3/20/2004 2:01:44 PM Pacific Standard Time,
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net writes:
 > If anyone has a better idea for removing this excess lead, (short of
 > replacing the leads) I'd LOVE to hear it! Thanks!
 >
 > Terry Peterson

            Terry
           Use a forstner bit in the drill press. It just shaves it off. Run
some air on it to help keep it cool. Yes it will dull the bit eventually but
it
shaves it clean without dust & requires no sanding. Your surface is smooth
and shiny. You sacrifice a five dollar bit for  the de -lead effort, so
what.
   Dale Erwin
<< message5.txt >>