Hornung & Møller

Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:59:38 +0100

Calin Tantareanu wrote:

> What are those strange extensions from the dampers towards the tuning
> pins?

Those are lifters.  A wooden rod goes down through a metal non bushed
hole in the plate... no more then about 3 mm diameter these rods... they
end about 5 mm above the keytail felt ( Grin .... thats for Micheal )
and on top there are two felt cushions attached... one to keep the rod
from falling through the hole... the other to cushion and meet the
underside of these lifers you question about.  So when you play the key,
the keytail comes into contact with the bottom of the rod, with nearly
immediatly pushes upwards on the lifter which in turn lifts the
Dampers....  which themselves are spring actuated...despite the fact
that they have the advantage of gravity.  Very lightweight system.

btw.. I will put up a few more tunes for you in a couple days... been
really swamped lately...

Cheers
RicB

>  Calin Tantareanu