acrosonic, Baldwin

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:43:47 -0800

My experience with Baldwins is that the trapwork pedal adjustment needs more lost motion than you might expect.  Try adjusting the sustain pedal so it has plenty of movement.  The pedal itself should move at least 1/4"  or more before there's any movement of the damper heads.   Also, see if the damper heads follow the strings when you push on them (the strings).  If the damper heads don't move when you push on the strings, there isn't enough spring pressure on the strings to make the dampers work properly, and they will ring on excessively.
       Good luck.
    Paul McCloud
    San Diego

----- Original Message -----
From: Pianotech
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Sent: 03/16/2004 7:40:24 PM
Subject: acrosonic, Baldwin

I have this piano I service that has a lot of over ring when you stop playing. I've tested each note to see if there is any single note that doesn't completely dampen - they all do. The pedal is also adjusted with some lost motion. Is there a cure for this. The piano is about 1950ish.

Alan Meyer RPT
Las Vegas