acrosonic, Baldwin

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:43:28 -0800

Could be the high treble, which is NOT damped, causing the "over ring[ing]"
you referred to.
Try putting a piece of tape over the undamped high treble area to test this
possibility. You may also try strengthening the damper springs; assuming
you've already regulated the dampers for optimum seating.
Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ttlv.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: acrosonic, Baldwin
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 19:40:29 -0800

I have this piano I service that has a lot of over ring when you stop
playing. I've tested each note to see if there is any single note that
doesn't completely dampen - they all do. The pedal is also adjusted with
some lost motion. Is there a cure for this. The piano is about 1950ish.

Alan Meyer RPT
Las Vegas

download! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/