acrosonic, Baldwin

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 21:01:39 -0700

MessageHi Allen,
My guess is that you may have been testing for overring by placing your =
hand on the strings at a point above the dampers.
Take off the bottom board and do some muting off,
I think you will, like me, be very supprised at how much over ring is =
caused bt the lower segment of the string.
The top can be silent while the bottom goes on and on.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Pianotech=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 8:40 PM
  Subject: acrosonic, Baldwin

  I have this piano I service that has a lot of over ring when you stop =
playing. I've tested each note to see if there is any single note that =
doesn't completely dampen - they all do. The pedal is also adjusted with =
some lost motion. Is there a cure for this. The piano is about 1950ish.

  Alan Meyer RPT
  Las Vegas