Foot-Operated Drill Press

John Hartman [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015] [link redacted at request of site owner - Jul 25, 2015]
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 15:22:39 -0500

Philip,

This is the one I use. It has a an air cylinder to advance the quill.
You can control the rate of feed with a valve and you simply press the
pedal (out of view on the floor plate) to drill the hole. Your see it
here set up with my hammer boring jig. I don't need to clamp the hammer
since both hands are free to hold it firm. I bought this delta 19" set
up like this used (it's from the pre war era) from a tool dealer many
years ago. If you can't find one set up like this you could modify an
old drill press. I would stay away from the foot treadle ones. Everyone
that I know that has one hates it.

John

--
John Hartman RPT