Koval 1.2 WT

R Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 05:13:00 -0600

If anyone tuned according to below (Koval 1.2) for the PTG test would they
pass?

Richard Moody      www.pnotec.com/ric

    "as the old system of temperament is now deservedly abandoned, and the
equal temperament generally adopted, it will be necessary for me to point
out a method of ascertaining the degree of interval required for its proper
fifth...
 James Broadwood 1811

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Love" <davidlovepianos@earthlink.net>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2004 10:01 PM
Subject: Koval 1.2 WT

> Just want to report on my new favorite WT.  Koval's 1.2, a very mild WT
with a M3 range of 12 - 15 cents.  Though I am a default user of ET, I had
been looking for a very mild WT to use with certain pianos that needed
something a bit extra to take the edge off.  While most WTs, even mild ones,
are too strong for me (even M3 10 - 17 range is too much for my ears), this
one works quite nicely.  Try it on a small Steinway vertical, or a little
Kimball., Wurlitzer, Baldwin Acrosonic.  With the right stretch settings, it
really warms them up.  The differences are subtle but there.  I'm sure Ron
won't mind me sharing the offsets (if I got them right):