Beats vs cycles vs cents

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:38:20 -0800

One of our newer techs, just posted a query regarding pianos being flat in
an institutional situation. In the first post she said that the pianos were
8 cycles flat. In the next she responded with the pianos being 8 beats flat!
It's a rook error, I know, but let's get our labels correct, K? 8 cycles
flat amounts to 32cents flat! On the other hand, 8 beats is probably around
2-3 cents flat, (sorry, I can't remember the the equalities of beats and
cents. [blush]) (What the heck, it's Monday...what can I say? Need more
COFFEE!<G>)
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police