new topic - Are two Bridge Pins necessary

Jean-Jacques Granas jjgranas@zigzag.pl
Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:58:29 +0100

Hello Michael,

Although I don't have enough experience to give an exhaustive answer to =
your question, I will nevertheless venture to say that without a second =
pin on the bridge, the combined latteral push of 25+ strings applied to =
a wooden bridge would eventually pull it right off the soundboard. As =
there are two pins this sideway pressure is eliminated and the bridge =
remains securely in place in relation to the soundboard. Perhaps this is =
not so crucial if only a few unisons are involved...

I hope that if I made a mistake in writing this, someone more =
experienced will correct me. It's all a learning experience.

Peace,
jj=20