Voicing the CFlll

Phil Bondi phil@philbondi.com
Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:42:31 -0500

I have an opportunity to do some real voicing for a change on a new
CFlll. The instrument in question has a wonderful soul, but no real
voice to speak of..I know that sounds a little 'out there', but
hopefully you understand what I'm trying to say and can offer a little
insight  as to what works and what doesn't.

My thinking is to go after it with a touch of steam, a little needling,
and some hardener(lacquer) as needed.

"FFF" sounds a bit distorted to me..is that common with this instrument?

Thanks as always,

Phil Bondi(Fl)