***Re: Nine foot something - quickie hammer centre check

Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:14:28 +0100

Steinway and several others would dissagree... their spot test is to
hold the shank horizontal, flange also horizontal..  and tap the shank
lightly... if flange rises it is to tight, if it falls it is too
loose... if it stays level... then all is well.  This is what they would
call the <<traditional>> method of checking friction.

RicB