My Headache, Your Quiz

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 18:54:04 -0600

Thanks for responding. I actually did not like Peoria or Richwoods very
much, as a teen. Most of the Richwood kids were awfully clickish, a few
downright snobby. It was so big, it was easy to feel unkown (and to most
people and teachers, you were!). On the other hand, I went from there to
U of I Urbana and being in a 28,000 student school didn't seem much
different, whereas other people--from small towns, etc.--were often
overwhelmed. My wife always thought we should open a motel in Pekin and
call it the "Pekin Inn." Caterpillar EVER finish their huge building in
Morton?

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: Barbara Richmond [mailto:piano57@flash.net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2004 1:37 PM
To: Alan
Subject: Re: My Headache, Your Quiz

Richwoods, hey?  I'm afraid, the preferred schools are now those in the
Dunlap School District, if you can believe that.  It's basically a case
of the white flight out of District 150.  Sad.

The Peoria Symphony has gotten a terrific new conductor and the concerts
have been *outstanding*.  We have season tickets--last row of the second
balcony--but who cares?  What a wonderful thing it is to go to a
professional concert so close to home (and not have to go to Chicago!).

We moved to Peoria and rented a place there in June of 2001 after 5 1/2
years in Texas (before that Bloomington/Normal for 21 years).  My
husband is the director of the Alpha Park District Library in
Bartonville.  We found a nice house a mile from the library two years
ago.  I don't know why, but for some reason I have a problem typing
B..B...B...Bartonville...... :-)

Barbara Richmond
(Bloomington High School, 1975)
Peoria Chapter PTG