Piano Humidity Control System bashing

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 17:42:09 -0700

Very good point.  My service bill is carbon copy with the original going to
the customer.  I record how many cents off-pitch the piano is (built in is
the pitch-raise charge which is triggered by this measurement).  I also
record temperature and relative humidity at the time of tuning.  The
temperature note mentions that maintaining even temperature is good for
stability and warns against afternoon sun exposure and heating ducts.  The
humidity portion warns against damaging low or high humidity and that
humidity cycling greatly affects tuning stability.  I also note minor
service done as well as other observations about voicing and regulation or
any other problems that may be developing that will need specific service
in the future, it sells work.  This is hole punched and goes into the
customer's service record.  I'm not cheap and if they want cheap they will
go elsewhere.
Another plus, if they complain about the piano being out of tune and you go
and find very different climate conditions you have a cause to point to.
Andrew