parts nomenclature

Jean-Jacques Granas jjgranas@zigzag.pl
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:28:21 +0100

Hello list,

As a small time linguist in my spare time, I am very excited about all =
this British versus US piano terminology stuff. If any of you ever had a =
Haynes mechanic's manual in your hands, you know that every one of them =
in its first pages has a table presenting several dozen different UK and =
US terms such as spanners/wrenches, bonnets/hoods, boots/trunk, etc.=20
May I venture to propose that we (those of you that may be interested - =
I doubt I would have much to contribute) create such a list for parts, =
tools, methods, and other piano related paraphernalia? Someone just =
might write a Master's thesis on the subject. This is a legitimate =
persuit, people.
I also invite the Overs and Stuart crowd to contribute the cherry on the =
cake with a few choice Austraylian terms.
Whaddya say ???

jj