Damper lever felts, dents in

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:38:40 -0500

On Mar 9, 2004, at 4:11 PM, Alan Forsyth wrote:

> Ahem, ahem,
> Not that I always agree with Michael, but damper tail felt is actually
> correct! Just because something is in a book, does not mean it is
> correct.

True, true, but it's not as though Mr. Mason just dashed the tome off
in a few days. Many sources and persons were consulted, and among the
members of the Committee on Nomenclature were: Erroll Crowl, LaRoy
Edwards, Lew Herwig, Newton Hunt, Steve Jellen, Roger Weisensteiner,
Francis Mehaffey, Dean Howell, and some others whose names I don't
recognize. And if you don't believe these men were (whoops, LaRoy is
still with us, are -- is Lew still with us?) Authorities, you don't
know as much as you think you do.
Contact the Home Office if you're volunteering to serve as Editor for a
third revised edition.
Patrick