D.H. Baldwin short grand

Mon, 8 Mar 2004 18:56:57 -0000

Hello List and Tim C.
re: "2) The pedal block is loose and the pedals were almost on the floor.
What
is the best fix for this? I have some ideas but would appreciate some
options."
I usually find the lyre legs at each end are split and a wedge driven in. If
the block comes off, remove the wedge, use hot glue when you put the block
back on and drive the wedges back in the exposed ends in the block. Another
way is to bash the legs in to the block (like my terminology? - got to be
brutal sometimes) screw in a deeply profiled screw between the exposed ends
of the lyre legs and the hole into which they are fitted. The screw threads
will act as a great deterrent ... ! Best to use a screw which is threaded up
to its head.
And the best of luck from....
Michael G (UK)