Damper lever felts, dents in

R Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Mon, 8 Mar 2004 00:54:42 -0600

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Garrett" <joegarrett@earthlink.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 07, 2004 7:59 PM
Subject: Re: Damper lever felts, dents in

> Hmmm? all this screwing around, you could have replaced the damper lift
> felt, (proper name<G>), with some good quality action cloth and be done
with
> it. Sheeesh!
> Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
> Captain, Tool Police
> Squares Are I

What screwing around? 45 min so far exploring options and visiting with the
client.  (do you know how cute a pet ferret is?)  45min is the time of a one
way trip from shop to this client.  If the action comes to the shop there
goes 3 hours in travel time in addition to shop time. If I can do steaming
and ironing there I am thinking 45 minutes to 1.5 hours including adjustment
that has to be done whether replacement or steaming.
      What is the time for replacing all the
damper levers with extra thick felt that might have to be custom cut from
back check cloth?--- because I don't think there is a ready cut felt for
this piano.
---ric m

                "Knowledge is proud that he has learned so much;
Wisdom is humble that he knows no more."
William Cowper (1731-1800); English poet.