Best soudboard shape

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 6 Mar 2004 09:30:16 +0100

Hi Vincent,

Congratulations for your assembly line. I've seen on your site that you are
equipped to rib soundboards. However, your question and the way it is
expressed show that you have a little understanding of the grand soundboard,
and indeed building a grand is a  different process than a vertical.
Have you control on the wood moisture at ribbing time ? what kind of ribbing
method do you use (curved, or straight)

As the primarily function of Down Bearing is to stiffen the assembly without
adding weight, there is no "best down bearing map" at my (little) knowledge.
The last book from Klaus Fenner is making interesting comments on the
different soundboard shapes and construction modes, if it can help .

I believe you should ask the intervention of people that have studied those
matters, and have some experience in it . Most probably Stephen Paulello
should be interested in providing expertise, you may get in touch with him
at  !stephen-paulello@club-internet.fr (without the " !")? I have
transmitted your mail to him.

Have you sound samples (music) of your vertical pianos models ? Where are
the keyboards from ?

I hope you'll get some answer from the ones that knows better than me on
that list, however, may be you should consider presenting yourself a tad
before that, like in an urban conversation !

I was a little surprised at first with your question, but , after all, who
don't ask nothing have no chance to receive .

Best regards. and wishes for your projects - Are you planning to come by at
the AFARP congress and present your instruments ?

Isaac OLEG

      Pianotech
      Isaac OLEG
      accordeur - reparateur - concert
      oleg-i@noos.fr
      19 rue Jules Ferry
      94400 VITRY sur SEINE
      tel: 033 01 47 18 06 98
      fax: 33 01 47 18 06 90
      mobile: 033 06 60 42 58 77

      Powered by Plaxo ... Want a signature like this?