(Bose Question) - double loop eyes

Thu, 4 Mar 2004 18:35:57 -0000

Hello List and Ron O
who said (inter alia): "The eyes are made by first bending a 90 degree =
kink in the wire before forming the eye. The back length wire segment =
must be clamped in the jig (before forming the eye around the spigot) to =
hold the kink up against the spigot. This prevents the kink from =
straightening out as the coil is wound, and it also allows for the eye =
to be wound such that the eye is centered relative to wire segment."
Good wheeze there, Ron! Take top marks for inventiveness! (wish I'd =
thought of it!) I've yet to remove one of my "Broadwood Double Hitch =
Loops" so don't know whether they tightened up on the pin to the extent =
that made removal a difficulty. But your "kink" is quite a "kinky" idea!
Regards
Michael G (UK)