Changing Harmonicity

Thu, 04 Mar 2004 22:34:15 +0100

Hi Bernhard

I have to admit I'm on foggy ground here, not having read any much on
the subject for a while and having little direct experience with this
myself. But I remember we had quite a few discussions about the subject
matter and that we (many of us) ended up differentiating between what is
strictly <<string inharmonicity>> and the inharmonicity of the
instrument as a whole. The soundboard assembly gets into the picture as
well as hammer hardness/density... tho as I said I am hesitant to make
any declarations as to specifics until I can re-dig up some of the
articles and discussions. Tho I do believe things are a bit more
complicated then just plain "string inharmonicity"

Cheers
RicB