Best soundboard shape for grand piano

PIANOS CHAVANNE info@chavanne.com
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 12:16:36 +0100

Hello,
I am a french piano upright manufacturer and I would like to make now a
grand piano 188 cm lenght.

I am interested to know what's the best shape to apply to grand piano
soundboard when gluing ribs in bed tool, is it like a cylinder shape =
where
bridge is on the top, or may be a sphere shape like upright where the =
top is
on the middle of bridge ? or something other ?
Also, what's the best curve amplitude in this case ??
and for to finish, the best downbearing map from note No 1 to 88 ??
.
Many thanks for your help..                Vincent,