Onesti Key Balance Hole Repair System

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@noos.fr
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:38:41 +0100

Hello,
We use another system , sold by Jahn in Germany, and very similar, but the
driving of the tool is made based on the recess hole that was produced on
most keyboards and lay inside the key.

Then the little angle that is between the balance hole and the mortise is
better respected. We also produce (violin) spruce and other species washers
ourselves. our dimension is 20 mm.

The process is very good, no doubt the Onesti tool does also a very good
job.
One may simply not forget to angle slightly when drilling the place for the
wood washer after measuring the angle, so the direction of the balance pin
is respected, it is important if they are thin (3.2 mm), as we can't correct
it while drilling the hole in the washer.

When keyboards are drilled initially the balance rail and the keys are
drilled together (clamped) while  the key is at rest position.
That is the way the perfect fit between keys and balance rail is obtained ,
and the reason for that angle, not very apparent, a&and varying depending of
the keyboards. I avoid also the keys to jump when playing.

Hope it helps.

Isaac OLEG