Bose Question

Wed, 3 Mar 2004 13:30:23 -0000

Hello List and Avery
There's two versions of the single string hitch loop. First there's the =
ordinary once-round-the-pin then the usual nice tight wind- =
around-itself-twice-before-cutting-off type. Then there's the wonderful =
Broadwood Hitch-pin Loop. This masterful loop dictates going TWICE =
around the hitch-pin and then winding THREE times around itself before =
bending down towards the loop and cutting off. I really like the =
Broadwood version and gives me a great pleasure to do a whole piano that =
way. The end result is tidy and re-assuringly secure. I made a JIG to do =
this with ease. It consists of a 10" length of 3" x 1 1/2" with a screw, =
a bit thicker than the Hitch-Pin, vertically inserted and the head sawn =
off. The sharp end was then filed smooth and round-edged for safety. =
Then, in a line with each other I inserted another sawn off screw and a =
book holder (you know - one of those thingys on the music desk) And =
there's the jig. To use is ease in itself. The string is laid on the =
block, under the book holder, beside the pin, and wound twice around the =
dummy hitch-pin. Go a little further than 90deg to allow for =
"unspringing". Remove the string with its nice new hitch loop and grasp =
this same hitch loop with a good pair of "duck-billed" pliers. Now =
simply wind the string onto itself thrice, bend it back toward the loop =
and cut off, leaving about a 1/4" tail on the same plane as the loop.
Simple isn't it ?
Regards from a misty-yet-sunny lunch-time in a Sussex Downland Village
Michael G (UK)